Biography of Fr. Cedric Pisegna, C.P.
Fr. Cedric Ministries is a Roman Catholic ministry dedicated to reach out to as many people as possible, in as deep a way as possible, with the life changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. While this ministry is Catholic in origin and belief, it is designed to reach out to people of all faiths as well as those who have not yet come to faith in Jesus.
Statement of faith:
Fr. Cedric Ministries is all about the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. His ministry is an expression of the "New Evangelization" called for by our late holy father Pope John Paul II. Fr. Cedric preaches, writes and produces to help people come to know Jesus in a personal way. God has also called him to make known the imperishable riches of the Holy Spirit. The salvation and new life that comes from the Cross of Jesus is a major part of his proclamation. Fr. Cedric was touched by the grace of God when he was 19 years old. He surrendered his life to Jesus and had a life changing experience. He was filled with the Holy Spirit and began to have a desire to make a difference in people's lives. Since that time he dedicated his life to God as a Passionist religious and Catholic priest. He now travels across the U.S. and Canada preaching, writing, and producing for television. His message is practical, inspirational, and orthodox.
- Born: Springfield, Massachusetts. (June 12, 1957) Of Italian, Czech and Albanian descent
- Raised: (in nearby) Agawam (Feeding Hills) MA.
- Resides at Holy Name Retreat Center, Houston, TX. www.passionist.org/holyname
- Agawam High School: 1975
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst: B.S. degree in Social Work, minor in Business, 1980.
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale: Studied Philosophy in 1984.
- Catholic Theological Union at Chicago: Master of Divinity Degree with Bible Specialization, 1990.
- Israel, Greece and Egypt: Studied Scripture in 1988.
- Northwestern University, Chicago: Studied Speech and Drama, 1988.
- North American College in Rome: Theological Study Program for priests: 2003.
- Youth minister in Marceline, Chamois, and St. Louis, MO. 1980-1983.
- Professed Vows as a Passionist Religious Sept. 8th 1985.
- Ordained Deacon Sept. 14, 1990.
- Ordained Priest June 29, 1991.
- Preach Evangelistic Missions U.S. and Canada: 1990-Present.
- Led Pilgrimage to Israel: 1995.
- Led Pilgrimage to Israel, Greece and Rome: 1999.
- Led Pilgrimage to Shrines of Italy: 2001.
- Author of 21 books: Live Passionately! Glorious Holy Spirit, Thy Kingdom Come! You Can Change, Death: The Final Surrender, Come Encounter Jesus, Golf and God, Eucharist: A Living Sacrifice, God's Not Boring!, A Retreat with Fr. Cedric, He Touched Me, You Can Be Happy, Kept in Christ, Seasons of Life, The Sacred Walk, Choose Life and Live!, Rise! Living the Risen Life; You Are Loved!; Challenges Make Champions; More Than Conquerors and Windows of Wisdom.
- Numerous C.D.'s and D.V.D.'s about Christian Living
- Production of Live with Passion! television program (since 2006) which airs nationally and internationally on TBN. (Sundays 8 am ET/5 am PT) Also, the program airs in other markets such as Atlanta, Orlando and New Orleans and on many Catholic affiliates. Contributor of several episodes to the Catholic network EWTN.
- Production of Live with Passion! radio programs airing in numerous markets such as Portland, OR., Baton Rouge, and Toronto.
- Semi-Annual Newsletter: Live with Passion! If you want to receive this free newsletter contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interests and Hobbies: Prayer and preaching. Creating new TV episodes. Working with EWTN and TBN. Traveling, praying, resting, exercising and golf.
Golf: I love to play and watch golf on TV. Exercise: I stretch and work out every day I can: Elliptical, bike, treadmill, stair master, swimming, weights and more stretching. Music: I love listening to music, both religious (Amy Grant!) and rock: Bread, Celine Dion, Steely Dan and Paul McCartney. Producing: I have a new producer for TBN and will be filming in Tulsa, OK. in 2018. I am also producing for EWTN and hoping they will air my TV mission in Lent. Writing: In 2017 I wrote "Windows of Wisdom" my 21st book. I used to struggle with writing, but now I love it. Creating is a prayer for me. Travel: Despite all my traveling, I still love to sit by the window on the plane and marvel. My favorites? The National Parks...Wow!! Sports teams: New England true and blue: Go Patriots and Red Sox. How about those Astros! World Champions. Favorite golfer? I hate to admit it: I'm still a Tiger Woods fan! Tiger will come back! Watch my TV programs on demand at: www.frcedric.org/youtube
Article about Fr. Cedric's ministry: https://frcedric.org/html/Liguorian_Live_With_Passion.pdf
| ||© 2018, Fr. Cedric Ministries. All rights reserved.|